[WMCEE-l] CEE Newsletter - invitation for contributions (and deadline for the next issue: 29 October)

vassia atanassova vassia.atanassova at gmail.com
Tue Oct 23 07:02:36 CEST 2018

Dear all,

During the WMCEE Meeting Lightning Talks session, I made a short talk on "Is
the CEE Newsletter a Dead Horse?"
<https://www.slideshare.net/vassiaatanassova/cee-newsletter-lighning-talk-vassia-atanassova>
(slides with some stats and questions for deliberation [1], last issue from
September
<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/CEE/Newsletter/September_2018/Full> [2]).

*Hoping that the horse is not-so-dead, I'd like to invite you for your
contributions. They may be in any of the forms:*

   - Creating content for the next issue (writing stories, taking
   interviews, Wikidata stuff, etc.)
   - Translating content from your local blogs/newsletters/... to English
   - Proofreading / editing the content created by others
   - Taking / editing photos for the newsletter cover photos (only we of
   all wiki newsletters have a cover photo)
   - Categorizing the existing content by topics, etc.
   - Being part of the Editorial Team and helping in the decision making
   process.

As the current authors and editorial team members can confirm, the workload
is not that big, and we are  not so stringent about deadlines  :)

Mentioning deadlines, the next October issue shall appear about 1 November.
Let us decide that  the *deadline for contributions to this issue is 29
October,* Monday. Please get involved and add your stories to the
respective slot in the Newsroom
<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/CEE/Newsletter/Newsroom> [3]. Check the
Archives <https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/CEE/Newsletter/Archives> for how
others have written their materials so far [4]. Or let us know in what
other way you would like to participate! :)

[image: image.png]

Vassia / Spiritia

[1]
https://www.slideshare.net/vassiaatanassova/cee-newsletter-lighning-talk-vassia-atanassova
[2] https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/CEE/Newsletter/September_2018/Full
[3] https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/CEE/Newsletter/Newsroom
[4] https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/CEE/Newsletter/Archives
--
Imagine a world in which every human being can freely share the sum of all
knowledge.