[WMCEE-l] CEE Meeting 2018

Cornelius Kibelka cornelius.kibelka at wikimedia.de
Thu Sep 28 18:49:12 CEST 2017

Hi all,

just as a follow-up about the current status of the bidding process for the
next CEE meeting (we talked about it in the last session of the conference,
but some might not have been there anymore).

Fortunately, we got two bids for the next CEE Meeting:
* Wikimedia Serbia (WMRS):
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_CEE_Meeting_2018/Bids/Serbia
* Wikimedia Ukraine (WMUA):
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_CEE_Meeting_2018/Bids/Ukraine

The committee will decide upon the bids by end of October. In the mean
time, we encourage you to check the bids, to see if they fit to your
expectations – and – comment! Both bids have, obviously, a talk page, where
you can ask questions or comment on both chapters' great bids.

Cornelius,
on behalf of the committee

On 19 August 2017 at 22:36, Samat <samat78 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thank you, Filip!
>
> Best,
> Tamás
> [[User:Samat]]
>
> ps.: finally from home, it was nice to see you on Wikimania
>

> On Thu, Aug 17, 2017 at 12:07 AM, Filip Maljkovic <dungodung at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> As you might know, there's a bidding process currently going on for the
>> host of the Wikimedia CEE Meeting 2018. [1] There are currently no bids and
>> the deadline for submission was July 23. At Wikimania, we discussed this
>> and agreed that we should give more time so that some communities can still
>> apply and make their bids. I said there that I will talk to my board and
>> see if there's a will to make a bid from Wikimedia Serbia. I'm pleased to
>> announce that we have decided to create a bid in the next two weeks or so,
>> after we do some research on conference venues and accommodation options.
>>
>> Since I'm personally in the bidding committee, and being a part of a bid
>> would be a COI, I am withdrawing from the bidding committee and wish them
>> good luck in selecting the best bid (and maybe also redefining the
>> deadline?).
>>
>> [1] https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_CEE_Meeting_2018/Bids
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Filip Maljković
>> Wikimedia Serbia
>> President

Cornelius Kibelka
Program and Engagement Coordinator (PEC)
for the Wikimedia Conference

Tel. (030) 219 158 26-0
http://wikimedia.de

http://spenden.wikimedia.de/

Körperschaften I Berlin, Steuernummer 27/029/42207