[WMCEE-l] European Science Photo Competition 2015 [must read!]

Ivo Kruusamägi ivo.kruusamagi at gmail.com
Mon Oct 19 16:31:20 CEST 2015

Quick checklist:

* Create a local competition page for some basic information
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:European_Science_Photo_Competition_2015/Participation
* Assemble jury who would select to best images in your country during
December
* Set together some promotional texts and inform the media about the
upcoming competition (and the results when those come out)
* Write to local universities and organization who might help to deliver
information to interested participants
* Ask from some local companies if they might be interested to support the
local competition (this is where you get the prizes!)
* Find wikipedians who could assist with dealing with images (reviewing,
categorization, setting them to relevant articles, communicating with
participants, etc)
* Write directly to people who could have some valuable images/who know
some who have and ask if they would want to participate/help to get them to
participate
* Organize some public events (like lectures about the importance of
photography in science or some joint photo-taking-workshops with university
museums etc)

The more you could do the better but offering some basic information,
setting up the jury and talking to the media are the first things to
consider (and they provide a lot of impact with not that much of time input
and no spending whatsoever)

Ivo Kruusamägi