[WMCEE-l] Archives Challenge

Nikola Kalchev nikola.kalchev at gmail.com
Tue Nov 3 08:37:26 CET 2015

Dear CEE-ers,

The Archives Challenge is an international edit-a-thon, aimed at promoting
the already more than 5300 digitised images from the Bulgarian State
Archives[1]. It starts on November 15th, and lasts for a month. We have
developed a scoring system and invite you to give us feedback on it before
the challenge begins. For those very active Wikipedians around the globe,
who create descriptions of the images in different languages, add
categories to the images, use them in existing articles and write new
articles based on them, there will be barnstars, and perhaps some small
souvenirs.

Among the images you will find actresses and actors from the beginning of
the 20th century, historical figures and buildings – it is like heaven for
dreamers, who want to time-travel. Please join, and help us make the best
of our collaboration with the Bulgarian Archives State Agency!

Best regards,
Лорд Бъмбъри (Lord Bumbury)
Wikimedians of Bulgaria

[1] https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Archives_Challenge