[WMCEE-l] wikimedia education projects
vassia.atanassova at gmail.com
Tue Mar 31 17:50:10 CEST 2015
Would you like to be a bit more specific?
- Are you a Wikimedian, or you are a teacher?
- If you're the teacher, do you have any personal experience with wiki
projects? Do you know Wikimedians who are willing to help you in this?
- If you're a Wikimedian, do you know of any teachers who are willing
to "risk" with letting Wikipedia into their classroom?
- Which specialty and year are the students? How many are the students
in the course?
- What sort of assignments in Wikipedia, or related project, would the
teacher and students prefer?
- What is the technological readiness and available equipment of the
- How long engagement would you like to build? Just one semester or a
long-term cross-discipline relation?
- What workload in terms of hours/days/weeks is envisaged?
- What would be the motivation of the students to contribute to
Wikipedia? What would be the motivation of the teacher to participate?
- Is the mark going to serve as motivational factor? What part of the
final mark will the wiki assignment bring to the students -- full, partial,
none? Is it going to be obligatory for all students, for some of the
students, or completely voluntary?
- Any specific formal requirements / university regulations that need to
be taken into consideration?
- Is there willingness from the Wikipedian/Wikimedian community to
facilitate the project: to help and advise newbie editors, etc?
These are just the initial questions that need to be answered to, before we
can offer you some more concrete ideas and solutions.
Vassia / Spiritia
On Tue, Mar 31, 2015 at 3:02 PM, Vojtěch Dostál <vojtech.dostal at wikimedia.cz
> Hello Mikhail
> many countries in the CEE region actually collaborate with universities!
> For a complete list please see this page
> <https://outreach.wikimedia.org/wiki/Education/Countries>. Serbia,
> Macedonia, Greece, Ukraine, Armenia all have "education programs" at
> various stages of development.
> For best practices, I can recommend you my blog post:
> hope this helps
> Vojtěch Dostál
> místopředseda / vice-chairman
> Wikimedia Česká republika / Wikimedia Czech Republic
> Facebook <https://www.facebook.com/Wikimedia.CR> | Twitter
> <https://twitter.com/Wikimedia_CR> | Newsletter <http://eepurl.com/FsHJr>
> 2015-03-31 11:33 GMT+02:00 falanster.by <falanster.by at gmail.com>:
>> Hello everyone,
>> May you can recommend wiki educational projects (best practices in
>> Eastern Europe)
>> which were implemented in universities or other educational institution?
>> For example courses for students.
>> Mikhail Volchak
>> WMCEE-l mailing list
>> WMCEE-l at tools.wikimedia.pl
> WMCEE-l mailing list
> WMCEE-l at tools.wikimedia.pl
Imagine a world in which every human being can freely share the sum of all
Help us make it a reality! http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Donate
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the WMCEE-l