[WMCEE-l] wikimedia education projects

vassia atanassova vassia.atanassova at gmail.com
Tue Mar 31 17:50:10 CEST 2015

Dear Mikhail,
Would you like to be a bit more specific?

   - Are you a Wikimedian, or you are a teacher?
   - If you're the teacher, do you have any personal experience with wiki
      projects? Do you know Wikimedians who are willing to help you in this?
      - If you're a Wikimedian, do you know of any teachers who are willing
      to "risk" with letting Wikipedia into their classroom?
   - Which specialty and year are the students? How many are the students
   in the course?
   - What sort of assignments in Wikipedia, or related project, would the
   teacher and students prefer?
   - What is the technological readiness and available equipment of the
   students/teacher/university?
   - How long engagement would you like to build? Just one semester or a
   long-term cross-discipline relation?
   - What workload in terms of hours/days/weeks is envisaged?
   - What would be the motivation of the students to contribute to
   Wikipedia? What would be the motivation of the teacher to participate?
   - Is the mark going to serve as motivational factor? What part of the
   final mark will the wiki assignment bring to the students -- full, partial,
   none? Is it going to be obligatory for all students, for some of the
   students, or completely voluntary?
   - Any specific formal requirements / university regulations that need to
   be taken into consideration?
   - Is there willingness from the Wikipedian/Wikimedian community to
   facilitate the project: to help and advise newbie editors, etc?

These are just the initial questions that need to be answered to, before we
can offer you some more concrete ideas and solutions.

Vassia / Spiritia
Bulgarian Wikimedia

On Tue, Mar 31, 2015 at 3:02 PM, Vojtěch Dostál <vojtech.dostal at wikimedia.cz
> wrote:

> Hello Mikhail
>
> many countries in the CEE region actually collaborate with universities!
> For a complete list please see this page
> <https://outreach.wikimedia.org/wiki/Education/Countries>. Serbia,
> Macedonia, Greece, Ukraine, Armenia all have "education programs" at
> various stages of development.
>
> For best practices, I can recommend you my blog post:
>
> http://blog.wikimedia.org/2013/06/26/starting-an-education-program-for-small-chapters/
>
> hope this helps
>

> Vojtěch Dostál
>
> místopředseda / vice-chairman
> Wikimedia Česká republika / Wikimedia Czech Republic
> http://www.wikimedia.cz
> Facebook <https://www.facebook.com/Wikimedia.CR> | Twitter
> <https://twitter.com/Wikimedia_CR> | Newsletter <http://eepurl.com/FsHJr>

>> Hello everyone,
>>
>> May you can recommend wiki educational projects (best practices in
>> Eastern Europe)
>> which were implemented in universities or other educational institution?
>> For example courses for students.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Mikhail Volchak
>> falanster.by

Imagine a world in which every human being can freely share the sum of all
knowledge.
Help us make it a reality!  http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Donate