[WMCEE-l] Own country

Jernej Polajnar jernej.polajnar at kabelnet.net
Sat Mar 21 11:57:20 CET 2015

A question on the principle: each community will have one week when it
is time for their own country. Usually, content about own country is
most developed to begin with, so writing about it misses the point of
this competition - improving coverage of neglected areas. Luckily, there
is almost always at least two countries per week in the new schedule,
but Russians won't have anything to contribute when it is their turn.

Should we just count articles about own country the same anyway, exclude
such contributions, or think of something else? I was thinking about
encouraging people to write about their country in other participating
Wikipedias (if they know the language, of course) - so their
contributions would count twice, both in their home wiki and in the
other one.

Your thoughts are welcome.

Jermej