[WMCEE-l] Final schedule?

Tomasz Ganicz polimerek at gmail.com
Wed Mar 18 21:14:44 CET 2015

Hi,

Don't remember who - but there was someone during last meeting in skype who
proposed to make final list. Anyway, we all need some time to prepare and
coordinate our local pages - it takes time and effort - so it should be
made ASAP. We are discussing the final schedule for 2 weeks now.. If we
stick to alphabetical order - there is still time for Turkey, Russia,
Greece and other "late" countries to be included in the schedule.

bahar.o at gmail.com>:

> Hi everybody,
>
> I would first like to introduce myself as I'm new on the mailing list. My
> name and username are Bahar and I will be one of the two coordinators for
> CEE Spring 2015 on Turkish Wikipedia. Interestingly, my name also means
> spring in Turkish.
>
> I noticed that some countries are actually missing even though they have
> provided structure lists such as Greece, Lithuania, Russia, Slovakia and
> Turkey on the suggested timeframe.
>
> After sending out an invite to active users to join the contest a week ago
> (we will be holding it as a collaboration project due to non-existent
> funds), we have seen an unexpected phenomenon which is users have already
> started creating articles. So far there have been a variety of countries'
> (not only bordering) articles created as you can see on our local page when
> you scroll down.
>
> https://tr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vikipedi:CEE_Spring_2015
>
> I'm planning on posting a weekly update on which countries we could write
> more about on our local page. I suggest we leave it up to local Wikipedias
> to decide and see which works better and next time we can alter the
> project. Perhaps share our findings at Wikimania 2016.
>
> Best regards,
>
> --
> Bahar
> https://tr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kullan%C4%B1c%C4%B1:Bahar