[WMCEE-l] CEE Spring - schedule

Tomasz Ganicz polimerek at gmail.com
Mon Mar 9 23:09:15 CET 2015

I don't expect our contest may results in good coverage of all
participating countries' articles in all involved Wikipedias. Believe me -
event 14 years was not enough to cover all topics related to Poland in
Polish Wikipedia :-)

The problem is that if the contest is about all topics related to all CEE
countries - it means that it is about everything and nothing. You can
always write about almost everything in Wikipedia - the idea of the contest
is to push people to write about specific topics, they might not think of
without the contest in order to fill the gaps  which would not be covered
without the contests.

My rationale behind CEE Spring was that in general - people from CEE
countries know very little about their neighbors from the region, so the
contest may fill this knowledge gap a bit. But if we want to cover lack of
knowledge about such not well known (in Poland) countries like Moldova or
Albania (just random selection) we must push people to write about these
countries. Otherwise they choose other, better known in Poland countries
with which we have stronger cultural and historical links such as Ukraine,
Lithuania or Hungary.

Tomek "Polimerek" Ganicz
http://www.ganicz.pl/poli/