[WMCEE-l] CEE Spring - schedule

vassia atanassova vassia.atanassova at gmail.com
Mon Mar 9 18:29:19 CET 2015

Hi! I'm with Mykola
Massive promotion of writing on CEE-articles will work better, I believe,
if the *whole* 10-week period, dedicated to the whole region rather than
week by week to a country or so. Even though this may differ from local
contry-specific rules about contests. This will be relaxed for both editors
and juries, and definitely more freedom and pleasure to pick among a
diversity of topics, and more oriented to the CEE region as a whole.
Vassia

On Mon, Mar 9, 2015 at 6:31 PM, Mykola Kozlenko <mycola-k at ukr.net> wrote:

> Hi Tomasz,
>
> It is not clear how we can impose this schedule.
>
> In Ukrainian Wikipedia we will have an article contest promoting all CEE
> countries at the same time, but we are planning to accept articles about
> all countries during the entire contest. Having such restriction will mean
> that we will have to disqualify articles written during the "wrong" week,
> which seems to be a very bad idea - for example, we will have problems
> attracting people interested in just one particular country as they will
> have only one week to create their articles.
>
> I think we can make targeted promotion for some countries (e.g. on the
> week of 25 April - 1 May in all wikis we promote Poland and Serbia), but
> without making a restriction on articles about other countries during this
> period.
>
> Mykola
> WMUA

Imagine a world in which every human being can freely share the sum of all
knowledge.
Help us make it a reality!  http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Donate