[WMCEE-l] CEE Spring - schedule

Tomasz Ganicz polimerek at gmail.com
Sun Mar 8 22:15:15 CET 2015

As I was already argumenting on fb. The problem with thematic division is:
a) Many local list do not follow the general topics division - they have
their own
b) Topics are very vague - it hardly make sense to organize a thematic week
about "geography" or "economics"
so would opt for sticking with country related weeks.

The simplest idea would be to divide time for equal periods for all
participating countries having them 2 in one time slot - it might be 7 days
or 10 days - it doesn't matter..

Anyway - we have one week to decided if we are about to start on March 21,
as local contests need some time to adopt general schedule.

> Hmm
>

> This sounds interesting... Although, I have to say I would rather see more
> fredom and "blending in" when it comes to the region.... But another
> question of course is, if this would be an idea that will bring some
> results... I am just thinking and writing... don't get me wrong...
>

> Just a comical interlude - is there a particular interest in having the
> Czech week concluded by the General Assembyl of WMCZ that we concidentally
> decided to have on Apr 11?
>

> Aktron

> > Od: Tomasz Ganicz <polimerek at gmail.com>
> > Komu: A list for Wikimedians from Central and Eastern Europe <
> wmcee-l at tools.wikimedia.pl>
> > Datum: 08.03.2015 19:11
> > Předmět: [WMCEE-l] CEE Spring - schedule
> >
>    Hi,
>
>  As the idea is to start CEE Spring on March 21 - it is very high time to
> decide about the schedule if we are about to coordinate local contests.
>
>  It seems that at the moment we have 13 countries which provided almost
> finished lists of articles and 14 Wikipedias where local CEE Spring pages
> have been created. I can assume that maybe 2-3 more countries will join -
> so we may have roughly 15-17 local contest. Two weeks of March + April +
> May = 10 weeks, so it seems that we have 2 countries/Wikipedias per week.
>
>  As the original idea was to coordinate weeks - I suggest to do it in
> alphabetic order. So, I created possible schedule:
>
> https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Talk:Wikimedia_CEE_Spring_2015/Timeframe
>
>  which has actually 6 vacancies.
>
>  Any other ideas?
>

> --