[WMCEE-l] CEE Wiki Camp 2015

Filip Maljković dungodung at gmail.com
Thu Mar 5 09:15:25 CET 2015

On Thu, Mar 5, 2015 at 8:54 AM, Kiril Simeonovski <
kiril.simeonovski at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Jan,
>
> Yes. The initial idea was to reward the best contributors from Wikimedia
> CEE Spring 2015 participation in the camp. However, we have not defined it
> yet whether we are going to reward all vacancies for the best contributors
> in the project or we are going to also invite other Wikimedians who can
> bring their experience in organising the scheduled events. It is a valid
> matter of discussion and I hope we will make the most appropriate decision.
>
> To me it doesn't make much sense to have the camp be solely for winners of
the competitions, especially having in mind the planned program, which is
in and of itself quite good, but probably inappropriate for
Wikipedians/entry level Wikimedians. The problem I see there is that, at
least from my experience, participants in onwiki competitions are usually
Wikipedians, not so much Wikimedians. Maybe their interest in Wikimedian
activities isn't so great, so having already active Wikimedians there would
in my opinion be more valuable than having a Wikipedian-only event.

Cheers,
Filip