[WMCEE-l] GAC/IEG application block

Marcin Cieslak marcin at cieslak.name
Wed Jan 28 11:12:23 CET 2015

On Wed, Jan 21, 2015 at 10:38 PM, Kiril Simeonovski

> 5. Topics: The most important thing that unfortunately has received very
> little attention for now is regarding the topics about every country that
> should be covered. Since the CEE region is (in)famous for plenty of disputes
> between different countries with historical, political and cultural
> background, the first thing is to make sure that the initiative would not
> trigger escalation of discussions and unsolved problems on sensitive topics.
> I suppose that everyone would agree with me that our primary goals are to
> increase the quantity and quality of articles about each country from the
> region but not harm the cross-wiki relations.

I think that working on difficult and controversial subjects of our
common history *together* could be a very positive contribution that
WMCEE group could bring to not only to the Wikimedia movement but also
to common knowledge in our respective communities. I would be happy to
devote my time and engagement to specifically to this subject.

I agree however that this is not something we should start with and we
should create the framework of our cooperation with something easier.

It is also to important to remember we work mostly on the project (and
cross-project) basis and not necessarily per-country basis.

//Marcin

saper at pl.wikipedia