[WMCEE-l] GAC/IEG application block

Mykola Kozlenko mycola-k at ukr.net
Tue Jan 27 00:19:18 CET 2015

I do not think that we should promote only well written articles from other wikis - in many cases well-written articles are not the most important ones. For example, you can easily have articles about all largest cities that are neither GA nor FA but obviously interesting abroad, and articles about small towns having FA status but hardly known outside the country.
Speaking of new articles, having the top-100 vital articles per country is a good way to promote diversity of topics covered. For example, Ukrainian Wikipedia is likely to have good articles on Poland or Moldova, but little chances of having good articles about Turkey or Albania. Thus if some countries are well-covered by default, it would be great to focus on those where coverage is rather poor.
Mykola aka NickK WMUA