[WMCEE-l] GAC/IEG application block

Tomasz Ganicz polimerek at gmail.com
Mon Jan 26 13:41:01 CET 2015

Maybe the good idea would be to make a list of "100 articles about your
country which every Wikipedia should have" - and concentrate on this. I
guess even the largest WIkipedia from our area there will be huge gaps in
such sets of articles.
It could include for example:
1.The main article about your country
3. The main article about geography
4. Up to 10 articles about the biggest cities
5. Up to 10 articles about most prominent landmarks (highest mountain, the
biggest lake etc..)
4. The main article about economy
5. The main article about culture and arts.
6. Up to 10 articles about the most famous writers/poets, actors,
painters/sculturors, musicians, scientists.
7. The main article about the contemporary army
8. Article about contemporary political system (structure of governing
bodies + main parties)
9. The main article about history
10. Up to 10 articles about the most prominent/important historical events
(i.e battles, wars, establishment of idependency, revolutions, uprisings
etc.)
11. Up to 10 articles about  key historical leaders
12. Up to 10 articles about contemporary political leaders.

The lists could be created by local Wikipedias - in order to use them in
all others, so the potencial effect would filling the gaps in all engaded
Wikipedias.

Tomek "Polimerek" Ganicz
http://www.ganicz.pl/poli/