[WMCEE-l] GAC/IEG application block

aktron at centrum.cz aktron at centrum.cz
Mon Jan 26 10:19:03 CET 2015

Balázs,

The Polish Institute would like to adress the topic of WWII Anniversary in Poland, and they are pretty much sticked to this idea. That is very good topic to be integrated in CEE Spring, yet not a thing we can build CEE Spring intentionally on.

Aktron

> Od: "Balázs Viczián" <balazs.viczian na wikimedia.hu>
> Komu: A list for Wikimedians from Central and Eastern Europe <wmcee-l na tools.wikimedia.pl>
> Datum: 26.01.2015 08:31
> Předmět: Re: [WMCEE-l] GAC/IEG application block

Hi,
the goal to have 1000 articles per each wiki is quite...ambitious to say.
A _total_ of 1000 would be much closer to reality.
The Polish Cultural Institute was mentioned above earlier as a possible partner in this CEE spring.
Wikimedia Hungary have had a one month long article writing contest with them in 2014 about anything Polish (no topic restrictions apart from being related to Poland or the Polish people) [1]
It triggered 72 new articles.
They already reached out to us to repeat it in 2015 again.
I know they have intentions to widen it to the whole CEE region but that is something they (the local Polish Cultural Institutions) will do, not us. This was their request so please do not start bombing your local PCI, they'll reach out to you if interested.
Vojtech's meeting with them is probably a part of this effort, however If an international article writing contest happens, I would suggest not to incorporate it into this CEE spring but to have it as a separate event.
Cheers,
Balazs
[1] http://hu.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikip%C3%A9dia:Wikim%C3%A9dia_Magyarorsz%C3%A1g/Lengyel_sz%C3%B3cikk%C3%ADr%C3%B3_verseny <http://hu.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikip%C3%A9dia:Wikim%C3%A9dia_Magyarorsz%C3%A1g/Lengyel_sz%C3%B3cikk%C3%ADr%C3%B3_verseny>