[WMCEE-l] wikimedia education projects

falanster.by falanster.by at gmail.com
Fri Apr 3 16:40:38 CEST 2015

Hello Vassia,

Thanks. I will start to fill up the questionaire.
If the specific issue is not related for other guys in mailling list we
can move the in private branch.

> Would you like to be a bit more specific?
>
>   * Are you a Wikimedian, or you are a teacher?

Wikimedian

>       o If you're the teacher, do you have any personal
>         experience with wiki projects? Do you know Wikimedians who are
>         willing to help you in this?
>       o If you're a Wikimedian, do you know of any teachers who are
>         willing to "risk" with letting Wikipedia into their classroom?

yes

>   * Which specialty and year are the students? How many are the
>     students in the course?

law (intellatual property, human right courses)
about 90 per half a year.

>   * What sort of assignments in Wikipedia, or related project, would
>     the teacher and students prefer?

To add or improve exsisting articles.

>   * What is the technological readiness and available equipment of the
>     students/teacher/university?

Teacher is good.
Students are undefined.
University is indifferent.

>   * How long engagement would you like to build? Just one semester or
>     a long-term cross-discipline relation?

one semester

>   * What workload in terms of hours/days/weeks is envisaged?

students have about  2 month lectures, and 1 month practical meetups, 2
hometasks. it is variable.

>   * What would be the motivation of the students to contribute to
>     Wikipedia? What would be the motivation of the teacher to participate?

1. Wiki articles are netting of hometasks
2. Teacher want to make it lectures vibrant and interesting for students.

>   * Is the mark going to serve as motivational factor? What part of
>     the final mark will the wiki assignment bring to the students --
>     full, partial, none? Is it going to be obligatory for all
>     students, for some of the students, or completely voluntary?

1. I think yes.
2. Ungiven.
3. Ungiven too.
We will discuss the questions thanks.

>   * Any specific formal requirements / university regulations that
>     need to be taken into consideration?

A lecturer can built his/her course as wants... =)

>   * Is there willingness from the Wikipedian/Wikime.dian community to
>     facilitate the project: to help and advise newbie editors, etc?

Sure. We would like to provide technical and principle part for students.