[WMCEE-l] CEE meeting 2013?

Kiril Simeonovski kiril.simeonovski at gmail.com
Sun Sep 22 02:26:29 CEST 2013

Hi all,

Since we're in a hurry to come out with a programme for this year's
conference, I decided to make a draft schedule extracting some of the
proposals that have been recently discussed and received largest support
from the potential attendees. My suggestion is to have a two-day conference
with an option of having additional day for open thematic discussions or
pre-conference activities. I think it's difficult at this stage to squeeze
new proposals and find competent speakers and facilitators to fulfill
another day. Note that last year we also had a two-day conference. The
draft version of my proposal is as follows:

15 November 2013 (Day 1)

09:30 Walk-in
10:00 Opening
10:45 Break
11:00 From small group to a Wikimedia Chapter/How to start a project?
12:30 Break
12:45 Chapters Dialogue
14:00 Lunch
15:00 Thematic organizations/Non-Wikimedian funds
16:00 Break
16:15 Best time for chapters professionalization/Don't try this at home
17:15 Summary of the day
18:00 Wrap up

16 November 2013 (Day 2)

09:30 Walk-in
10:00 Introduction of the day
10:15 Wikimedia Education Program/Science GLAM
11:30 Break
11:45 Wiki Loves Earth/Wiki takes ... photographs
12:45 Break
13:00 News from Wikidata/Translation of content
14:00 Lunch
15:00 Working groups (six proposals for three working)
15:45 Report back
16:00 Break
16:15 Closing
17:00 Wrap up

The concept follows the schedule for the last year's conference, with the
first day focusing on the organizational issues and the second day on the
different types of projects and initiatives across the movement. Some of
the interesting topics that are worth discussing in the working groups may
include: Community and chapters relations, Content disputes about
historical and political affairs, Development of the other Wikimedia
projects, Things in common, How to promote Wikipedia?, Wikimedia and
external relationships).

Please feel free to suggest changes if you think they're necessary.

Best regards,

Kiril