[WMCEE-l] CEE meeting 2013?

Michal Matúšov michal.matusov at wikimedia.sk
Thu Sep 5 10:25:44 CEST 2013

Hi. I am sorry for the impression that nothing is organising. There is
communication outside of this mailing list, for ekz. Tomasz Ganicz
(Polimerek) have accepted to help with / control an grant application
but he wasn't added to Meta page list. About application letters for
visa we are working with our partner E na I.

Regards!

04.09.2013 13:06 odosielateľ napísal:

> I also hope preparations should start soon at least with application letters for visa, because there are potential visitors from the countries, where visa is needed to enter Slovakia (e.g. Belarus, and I don't sure about Russia and Ukraine).
>
> Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2013 15:40:00 +0300
>
>> From: Raul Veede <raul.veede na gmail.com>
>> To: A list for Wikimedians from Central and Eastern Europe
>> <wmcee-l na tools.wikimedia.pl>
>> Subject: [WMCEE-l] CEE meeting 2013?
>>
>> How's it going?
>>
>> I still can't see a program on the website, and on the talk page there are
>> only themes with some 6-7 people saying what they'd like to see, not who's
>> going to talk about what. No changes on the talk page since August 24, and
>> on the program page since August 3.
>> https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Wikimedia_CEE_Meeting_2013/Program&action=history [1]
>> https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Talk:Wikimedia_CEE_Meeting_2013/Program&action=history [2]
>>
>> If there is no program, I'm afraid it might be difficult to get people
>> booking their flights, not to mention the funding by WMF. Or is there
>> something much, much thorough, altogether with the agreements by speaker,
>> somewhere offline I just can't see?
>>
>> It seems there are no members in the grant application team anyway:
>> https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_CEE_Meeting_2013/Team [3]
>>
>> I'm just a bit worried. I'd like to book the flights ASAP, but not until
>> I'll be sure there will really be a four-day conference I can fly to. Can't
>> tell my boss I'll leave work just to spend some days on a vacation in the
>> beautiful mountains of Slovakia.
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Raul
>> WMEE