[WMCEE-l] CEE grant not funded; thoughts on two roads...

Marcin Cieslak marcin at cieslak.name
Wed Oct 30 19:17:52 CET 2013

On 10/30/13, Asaf Bartov <abartov at wikimedia.org> wrote:
> Dear colleagues,
>
> I have bittersweet news: the Wikimedia Foundation will not be funding the
> grant proposal for the upcoming meeting in Modra.  Please see the
> announcement on the grant proposal talk page:
> https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grants_talk:Wikimedia_Slovakia/Wikimedia_CEE_Meeting_2013#Not_funded

Thank you, Asaf. I fully understand your decision and it is good to
hear that it is not based solely on the bad timing on applicant's
side. We've had a pretty intense discussions internally at Wikimedia
Polska and I also support our decision to help the conference
organisers; as much as I understand yours.

I think there are still some items that can even more streamline the
budget; a CEE T-Shirt I got in Belgrade is still good and I don't need
a new one.

Having said all this, I chose to attend Wikimedia RU conference in
Smolensk few days before the CEE event, so I won't be in Modra this
year. But last meeting has exceeded my expectations and I'd be happy
to participate in follow-up projects to the meeting in Slovakia.

//Saper