[WMCEE-l] Meeting - mutual collaboration program

Laura Hale laura at fanhistory.com
Wed Oct 23 15:33:42 CEST 2013

On Wed, Oct 23, 2013 at 2:57 PM, Michal Matúšov <michal.matusov at wikimedia.sk
> wrote:

> **
>
> Hi.
>

> Reciprocal writing of wikipedia articles about another country / culture.
> It was presented during Armenia WikiConference and sound good. Some wiki
> communities can be interested about this. Do you know details? Do you think
> that this can work for your community (I am sure that not for all)?

This is something I am interested in.  I would like to expand some of the
Paralympic work to include more countries, but there are hurdles regarding
existing coverage.  It is hard to develop partnerships with local
Paralympic Committees if there is no local content.  I have created a
partial database and am working with a Ukranian to see if some content can
possibly be created using a bot for Paralympic medalists.    (This works
nicely with possible efforts to increase the participation of people with
disabilities on Wikipedia.)  So yes, something I would be interested in
learning more about. :)

Sincerely,
Laura Hale

--