[WMCEE-l] *urgent* Re: CEE Meeting cancelled?

Asaf Bartov abartov at wikimedia.org
Fri Oct 18 22:49:21 CEST 2013

*How many of you have committed (i.e. bought tickets) to travel to this
event?  *

I am much concerned about it, as expressed before, and while Michal has
just submitted the grant proposal finally, it is _much_ too late to allow
the proper grant review process by the GAC, not to mention to actually get
the money to Michal's organization on time for the event.

There really is no good reason for this time pressure -- the event was
planned long ago, and the funding should have been secured _months_ ago.
 I, and others, have attempted to remind the organizers about this on
several occasions during past months.

I am determined to support _effective_ events, and I must conclude this has
not been shaping up to be an effective event.  I would like to seriously
propose to everyone to consider postponing the CEE conference by at least a
few months, to allow better planning, more meaningful engagement (and by
more communities!) on the program, and adequate time to discuss funding.

   A.

>>> http://www.ganicz.pl/poli/