[WMCEE-l] Visiting local Wikipedia meetups

Josh Lim jamesjoshualim at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 2 00:33:35 CET 2012

This is a wonderful idea, and it may inspire me to return to Budapest to meet again with the wonderful people of the Hungarian Wikimedia community! :D

Josh

On Mar 1, 2012, at 8:09 PM, Bence Damokos wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> One of the aims we have for this year at Wikimedia Hungary is try to facilitate experience sharing among Wikip/medians inside the region.
> To help this, we would like to send at least one local editor to the neighbouring* countries, and to have an editor from the neighbouring* countries to a local meetup.
>
> For this to work, we are happy to provide reimbursements for foreign Wikipedians; and we would be happy if we could share on this list or on some website the dates of our meetups. If anyone wants to take this up, or help revive an old Meta page, that would be wonderful.
>
> In this spirit, I would like to let you know that on 10 March at 5 PM we will be having a community meetup in Budapest, and we would be happy to see some foreign guests. If you sign up by 3 March, you can ensure that you get a slice of the cake we will be serving :).
>
> We have tried to reach out to individual Wikipedians and communities, but we would be happy if you could advertise this opportunity among your networks.
>
> If you would like to discuss travel support or directions to the meetup location, or if you have any questions, please contact us at elnokseg at wikimedia.hu.
>
> Best regards,
> Bence
> (Wikimedia Hungary)
>
> * When I say neighbouring, I do not mean it in an exclusionary sense – everyone is welcome but our budget for offering reimbursements (max. ~€100-20/person) limits our possibilities.

JAMES JOSHUA G. LIM
Block I1, AB Political Science
Major in Global Politics, Minor in Chinese Studies
Class of 2013, Ateneo de Manila University
Quezon City, Metro Manila, Philippines

Vice-President (2011-2012), Wikimedia Philippines
Member, Ateneo Debate Society
Member, The Assembly
Member, Ateneo Lingua Ars Cultura

jamesjoshualim at yahoo.com | +63 (927) 531-8301
Friendster/Facebook/Twitter: akiestar | Wikimedia: Sky Harbor
http://akira123323.livejournal.com