[WMCEE-l] Visiting local Wikipedia meetups

Bence Damokos bdamokos at gmail.com
Thu Mar 1 20:09:52 CET 2012

Hi all,

One of the aims we have for this year at Wikimedia Hungary is try to
facilitate experience sharing among Wikip/medians inside the region.
To help this, we would like to send at least one local editor to the
neighbouring* countries, and to have an editor from the neighbouring*
countries to a local meetup.

For this to work, we are happy to provide reimbursements for foreign
Wikipedians; and we would be happy if we could share on this list or on
some website the dates of our meetups. If anyone wants to take this up, or
help revive an old Meta page, that would be wonderful.

In this spirit, I would like to let you know that on 10 March at 5 PM we
will be having a community meetup in
Budapest<http://hu.wikipedia.org/wiki/WP:TALI>,
and we would be happy to see some foreign guests. If you sign up by 3
March, you can ensure that you get a slice of the cake we will be serving
:).

We have tried to reach out to individual Wikipedians and communities, but
we would be happy if you could advertise this opportunity among your
networks.

If you would like to discuss travel support or directions to the meetup
location, or if you have any questions, please contact us at
elnokseg at wikimedia.hu.

Best regards,
Bence
(Wikimedia Hungary)

* When I say neighbouring, I do not mean it in an exclusionary sense –
everyone is welcome but our budget for offering reimbursements (max.
~€100-20/person) limits our possibilities.