[WMCEE-l] CEE cooperation and meeting - why?

Kiril Simeonovski kiril.simeonovski at gmail.com
Mon Aug 27 00:10:28 CEST 2012

On Sun, Aug 26, 2012 at 11:44 PM, Juan de Vojníkov <juandevojnikov at gmail.com
> wrote:

> Firstly,
>
> thank you for clarifying me CEE cooperation concept. Until this time, I
> was not sure, what is it about. So Wikimedia CEE is about enhancing
> partnerships of chapters and disaminating chapters to other regions.
>
> Than some discussion:
>
> Kiril:
> ... and encourage the smaller communities to reach organizational skills
> that would have to promote their work in their countries.
>
> --> this is to me a solving of problem. Is it about the actual chapters
> willing to have more chapters, or about Wikimedians from countries there
> are no chapters, they think they should have a chapter?

One of the most important things that we tend to reach by having this
partnership is to promote well-organized communities across the countries
with less experience in doing Wikimedia-related projects. This includes the
support for those willing to have a chapter in their own countries, but
also to help those who need facilitation in some ways.

> Kiril:
>
>  Do you really think that the people who are invited to come at the CEE
> meeting have already had a chance to raise their own opinions on any other
> prominent place?
>
> --> I think they had, e.g. on Wikimania CEE meeting. We discussed some
> issues in Haifa. But why it should be "prominent place"?

I meant that it's not possible to gather people from every single country
from the CEE region on one place, and that there may be still countries who
have never had any representative at a big conference. However, most of the
questions that the people from these countries have need more time to be
answered properly and it's not possible for some of them to do it on a
conference like Wikimania. It's possible to group these countries with
other from the other parts of the world by underlining their similarities,
but the solution is not unique for all of them and depends on some other
factors as well. This is not expected to be the case between the countries
from this region because they collectively make a more homogeenous group.

> Regards,
> Juan

Best regards,

Kiril