[WMCEE-l] CEE meeting planning – programme

Bence Damokos bdamokos at gmail.com
Sun Aug 26 20:08:36 CEST 2012

Hi Kiril,

Thank you for putting the schedule together!

>From experience, I can tell you that getting and soliciting timely feedback
is a difficult task in the Wikimedia world – either there is no response,
or too much too late. So please don't be disheartened by the lack of
discussion so far; to a degree you need to be flexible with last minute
comments, but also be able to draw a line when it becomes impossible to
change the schedule.

Still, looking at
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_CEE_Meeting_2012/Program at the
bottom, I think a few of the items need a bit more clarity – what is meant
by "organizational management", is it very different from the "chapter
professionalization" session?
Also, do you think it makes much sense to discuss fundraising or finances
in detail when the CEE meeting comes after the FDC deadline and most
involved chapters will not do a big fundraising? But perhaps you meant here
a session to discuss other ways to get money (e.g. grants) and the best
ways to manage spending it?

To be a bit constructive, if you feel that the programme could benefit from
someone talking about how to set up chapters and user groups either in a
session or as a working group on the second day, the newly renamed
Affiliations Committee will likely be able to send someone if invited. (If
no-one other than myself, who will possibly go as part of the WMHU
delegation.)

Thanks,
Bence