[WMCEE-l] CEE meeting planning

Johannes Rohr johannes.rohr at wikimedia.de
Tue Aug 21 15:48:29 CEST 2012

Hi Mile,

thanks!! See my comments inline:

2012/8/21 Mile Kiš <m.mikym at gmail.com>

> Hi Johannes,
>
> From WMRS side, we did all local preparation. There is draft of budget
> breakdown<https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0An60scQUQ62QdDlsc29SaUNIR21VYmJXZ3RYc2hUZEE#gid=0>but the program still missing. I am able to write a WMF grant but i need
> program, (or I can write grant without program?) Also,
> Also, we have to start talking with chapters who are able to help with
> money.

I believe  a global grant application  would also be very instrumental in
negotiating with the individual chapters, including WMDE.

I don't think the programme has to be 100% fixed, however, I do believe
that the application should lay out a concept, spell out some overarching
topics and state a goal/expected impact. At least from my perspective this
would be very important, because  the very first question, I will have to
answer when I propose to  WMDE's leadership to commit a certain amount will
be: How does this relate to our mission?

Thanks,

Johannes

> I got email from ~20 peoples that they want to come and I believe that
> will be more when registration will be opened.
>
> I hope we will be able to finish program in next days and start looking
> for money because local people did a lot and find a lot of local partners.
>
> Mile

Johannes Rohr

Wikimedia Deutschland e.V.
Obentrautst. 72
10963 Berlin

Tel.: +49 30 219158260
http://wikimedia.de

unter der Nummer 23855 B. Als gemeinnützig anerkannt durch das Finanzamt
für Körperschaften I Berlin, Steuernummer 27/681/51985.