[Koalicja-l] Washington DC's Public Library Will Teach People How to Avoid the NSA

rysiek rysiek w hackerspace.pl
Sob, 17 Sty 2015, 11:46:10 CET

Cześć,

takie coś trafiłem na ogólnej liście polskich hakerspejsów:
http://motherboard.vice.com/read/washington-dcs-public-library-will-teach-people-how-to-avoid-the-nsa

Later this month, the Washington DC Public Library will teach residents how to
use the internet anonymization tool Tor as part of a 10 day series designed to
shed light on government surveillance, transparency, and personal privacy.

A series called "Orwellian America," held by a publicly funded entity mere
minutes from a Congress and administration that ​allowed the NSA’s
surveillance programs to spin wildly out of control certainly seems
subversive. But the library says it wasn't really intended that way.

"We realize it can be a controversial topic, but we tried to make the program
as balanced as possible," Catherine Gees, a library associate who helped put
together the program, told me. "We reached out to NSA and other federal
agencies, and with a lot of them, we didn't get response."

(...)

“Libraries have always been concerned about privacy rights. It seems like a
natural place for this,” she said. “I just wish we were able to bring in more
voices from the other side of the conversation.”

Pozdrawiam,
Michał "rysiek" Woźniak

Zmieniam klucz GPG :: http://rys.io/pl/147
GPG Key Transition :: http://rys.io/en/147