[Koalicja-l] Fwd: Support the Public Domain Review

Bożena Bednarek-Michalska b.michalska w bu.uni.torun.pl
Wto, 12 Mar 2013, 17:08:18 CET

----- Przekazana wiadomość od: info w okfn.org -----
     Data: Tue, 12 Mar 2013 14:30:26 +0000
       Od: Open Knowledge Foundation <info w okfn.org>
Odpowiedź do:Open Knowledge Foundation <info w okfn.org>
    Temat: Support the Public Domain Review
       Do: b.michalska w bu.uni.torun.pl

Hi ,

I’m writing to you today about one of the Open Knowledge Foundation’s
projects The Public Domain Review
<http://publicdomainreview.org/support> which is in need of your
support at a crucial time.

The Public Domain Review is a web-based journal showcasing the most
wonderful and unusual out-of-copyright works available online. Through
its curated collections and articles by leading scholars, writers, and
archivists it entertains and amazes us with the beauty and breadth of
the public domain -- celebrating and raising the awareness about the
value of our shared cultural commons at a time when it is increasingly
under threat.

With its initial funding now run ended, the Public Domain Review
urgently needs your donations to continue its work.

The Review has been the brainchild of Adam Green who has dedicated
immense time and effort - most of it as a volunteer - to editing and
curating the Review over the last two years. The wonderful video
calling for your support is another entirely volunteer effort created
under Adam's direction (and featuring him in a starring role!).

While operating on a minimal budget the Review has done an amazing
job. Highlights from last year include an article by Man Booker prize
winner Julian Barnes and attention from the likes of the New York
Times, Huffington Post, Vice magazine, and the Paris Review.

I therefore very much hope you will join me in supporting The Public
Domain Review and ensuring that it continues to showcase and celebrate
the incredible beauty and richness of the public domain.

To donate or learn more about the fundraising campaign please visit:

http://publicdomainreview.org/support

All the very best,
Rufus Pollock
Founder, Open Knowledge Foundation