[Koalicja-l] Deklaracja Paryska

Jaroslaw Lipszyc rekrutacja w gazeta.pl
Pią, 22 Cze 2012, 00:04:41 CEST

Na kongresie OER w Paryzu powstaje deklaracja paryska. Niestety, nie
jest zbyt dobra, bo wprowadza furtki do niewolnego licencjonowania tresci.
Ponizej zamieszczam moje uwagi wyslane do tekstu deklaracji. Link do tekstu:

http://oercongress.weebly.com/paris-declaration.html

Moje uwagi:

"that reside in the public domain or have been released under an open
license that permits no-cost access, use, adaptation and redistribution
by others with no or limited restrictions"

Even limited restrictions may be harmful to proliferation of the work.
Definition of Free Cultural Works, fundamental for establishing what
licenses allow full scope of use and re-use, and defines allowed
limitations - but only those, which are not restricting the right to use
the work. I propose removing the word "limited". Also, 2002 definition
does not mention such restrictions as allowed. We feel, that with
governments using such wording as an excuse to impose unnecessary
restrictions and keep works under governmental control, it is our duty
to remove all doubts about it.

"Facilitate the re-use, revision, remixing and redistribution of
educational materials across the world through open licensing, which
refers to a spectrum of legal frameworks that allow different kinds of
uses."

In general, we support using much more strict term "free licenses",
which are much better defined and fully protect users rights, instead of
vague term "open licenses". In this paragraph crucial is changing the
"different kinds of uses" to "all kinds of uses", to better define what
is our goal.

"Governments/competent authorities may wish to ensure that educational
materials developed with public funds be made available under open
licenses (with any restrictions they deem necessary) in order to
maximize the impact of the investment".

In this paragraph it is important to add compliance with Definition of
Free Cultural Works, to discourage adding unnecessary restrictions
(which governments may present as necessary). Our experience is, that
without explicitly defined terms politicians tend to restrict much more
than desired (and in a very creative ways). Proposed wording is:
"Encourage free licensing of educational materials produced with public
funds. Governments/competent authorities may wish to ensure that
educational materials developed with public funds be made available
under free licenses compliant with Definition of Free Cultural Works
(with any restrictions they deem necessary within the scope of
definition) in  order to maximize the impact of the investment".

pozdrawiam
Lipszyc