[Koalicja-l] Fwd: Re: [Communia-members] Public Domain Day 2011

Bożena Bednarek-Michalska b.michalska w bu.uni.torun.pl
Nie, 24 Paź 2010, 18:32:36 CEST

przesylam wam do wiadomości list z Wloch na temat Dnia Domeny
Publicznej, który będą tam robili, my juz tez musimy pomysleć, co robimy

----- Przekazana wiadomość od: demartin w polito.it -----
     Data: Sat, 23 Oct 2010 18:47:58 +0200
       Od: "J.C. DE MARTIN" <demartin w polito.it>
    Temat: Re: [Communia-members] Public Domain Day 2011
       Do: communia-members w lists.communia-project.eu

Thanks, Jonathan.

Regarding the PD Day, I think it is best to set the example.

In our case, in Torino, we are quite advanced in organizing
a rather ambitious PD Day Celebration that will take place in Torino
on Saturday, 22 January 2011, in the morning.

We will make an introduction on the PD, why it is important
(economically, socially, culturally) and why it is good to celebrate it.

Than we will move on to discuss two key authors:

*Vito Volterra*, great mathematician, first president of the Italian
National Research Council, de facto founder of the Politecnico
di Torino (my institution), one of the few university professors
who refused to swear allegiance to the Fascist regime (he was
fired and had to leave Italy).

An historian will give a lectio on Volterra and an actor
will read some of his works (letters, speeches in the Italian Senate, or
something else).

Then we will move on to *Francis Scott Fitzgerald*: we will discuss
his works with a leading intellectual and an actor, again, will read
something by him.

We plan to use www.publicdomainday.org to publicize the celebrations
(and to document them, afterwards). Luca will upload the information about the
Torino celebration shortly.

*1. Please send him the coordinates of your celebrations as soon as available
so that he can update the PD Day website;
*
*2. Please also send them on the communia public list as well as on
our friends OKF pd-discuss list.*

If anyone has other ideas, please let me know!

Best,

JC