[WMCEE-l] Wikimedia Accelerator UNLOCK | Projects' mid-term results

Ivana Madžarević ivana.madzarevic at vikimedija.org
Tue Sep 20 11:44:24 CEST 2022

Hello CEE friends,

At the start of the year we selected seven promising teams
<https://diff.wikimedia.org/2022/07/12/unlock-2022-new-ideas-addressing-knowledge-equity/>
[1] to join the third edition of the Wikimedia Accelerator UNLOCK and to
turn their ideas for Free Knowledge into working prototypes. As you already
may know, this year UNLOCK has a regional focus - Western Balkan along with
German-speaking region. The teams are working on solutions for greater
knowledge equity, breaking down technical and social barriers so that more
people can access, use, contribute and share knowledge.

Recently we marked half time for the 2022 edition. To mark this occasion
the participating teams presented their mid-term results and even demoed
first mockups.

We asked each team to reflect on Sprint #1 and share with us their main
activities and challenges. You can take a closer look at their achievements
thus far within a diff blog post
<https://diff.wikimedia.org/2022/09/15/how-much-can-be-achieved-throughout-the-wikimedia-accelerator-unlock-let-the-mid-term-presentations-tell-you/>
[2]. Feel free to comment and give suggestions that can be used to improve
their work.

If you're interested in this topic, for all of you who will be attending
the CEE meeting, please join me to talk more about Collaboration and
cross-regional exchange with Wikimedia Accelerator UNLOCK
<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_CEE_Meeting_2022/Programme/Submissions/Collaboration_and_cross-regional_exchange_with_Wikimedia_Accelerator_UNLOCK>
 [3].

Best,

Ivana (WMRS) & Kannika (WMDE)

[1]
https://diff.wikimedia.org/2022/07/12/unlock-2022-new-ideas-addressing-knowledge-equity
/

[2]
https://diff.wikimedia.org/2022/09/15/how-much-can-be-achieved-throughout-the-wikimedia-accelerator-unlock-let-the-mid-term-presentations-tell-you/

[3]
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_CEE_Meeting_2022/Programme/Submissions/Collaboration_and_cross-regional_exchange_with_Wikimedia_Accelerator_UNLOCK
Ивана Маџаревић
менаџер пројеката и заједнице, Викимедија Србије
p: 011 3348 468 m: 060 74 54 773 a: Кнеза Милоша 80/14, Београд
s: rs.wikimedia.org e: ivana.madzarevic at vikimedija.org

*Замислите свет у коме свака особа на планети има слободан приступ
целокупном људском знању. То је оно на чему ми радимо.*