[WMCEE-l] Movement Charter Drafting Committee: CEE affiliates selector

Mykola Kozlenko mycola-k at ukr.net
Thu Oct 28 12:22:46 CEST 2021

Hi Michał,

Thank you for the feedback!

I share almost everything you mentioned (I phrased it a bit differently but we are along the same lines).

My idea would exactly be to find a diversity of skills (org governance, resource allocation, tech etc.), on-wiki experiences (with exactly a good mix of projects and contributor profiles, from content creators to experienced functionaries), off-wiki experiences (from WMF board or FDC to those who know what affiliates are but are not actively involved), plus regions / gender.

The only piece that we are really missing are different perspectives, as we do not really have enough readers, donors and partners among candidates. For some groups like readers, we have none at all. And I think perhaps it's fine, the Movement Charter is primarily about the community, and lots of topics covered by it have low impact on readers but high impact on communities.

And yes, the selection approach I proposed maximises coverage, i.e. attempts to have at least one person covering each of these profiles. Well, we have only 6 people to select, so getting a perfect mix is very difficult, but I am quite sure we will get close to it.

Best regards,
Mykola