[WMCEE-l] Movement Charter Drafting Committee: CEE affiliates selector

Tisza Gergő gtisza at gmail.com
Tue Oct 26 20:47:49 CEST 2021

On Tue, Oct 26, 2021 at 6:59 AM Philip Kopetzky <philip.kopetzky at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Sounds reasonable to me - the bias angle is still a bit bizarre
> considering this isn't a popularity contest but a process to find a group
> of people able to complete the work they are tasked with.

Yeah, it would make a lot more sense if the various diversity criteria were
applied to the full 15 person committee, not just the six selected members.
It does not make much sense to have a 50/50 global north/south split if the
community election results in seven global north people, for example.

I realize the selectors probably don't disagree but it isn't really up to
them; so I wonder if there is some way to make this perspective heard by
the WMF (more effectively than random people raising it on random
discussion channels, which is already happening).