[WMCEE-l] Movement Charter Drafting Committee: CEE affiliates selector

Mykola Kozlenko mycola-k at ukr.net
Tue Oct 26 15:39:10 CEST 2021

Hi all,

Second update: our current stage is coming up with diversity criteria and analysing candidates based on them. We will provide the shortlist before the community election is completed to avoid biased decisions.

The criteria I am suggesting so far are currently the following:

Prerequisites: positive team collaboration experience, commitment and movement understanding.

Diversity criteria:
Skills. Ideally, at least one person with a major experience (significant track record) of each of those:
Policy writing,
Organisations governance,
Resource allocation,
Strategic planning and movement strategy experience,
Diversity initiatives, particularly multilingualism (very important for the CEE region),
Technology.
On-wiki experience. I would like to have a mix of:
Age
at least one relative newbie (< 3 years)
at least one relative veteran (>10 years) with continued activity;
Roles
at least one functionary (CU or ArbCom)
at least one experienced (significant editcount) non-admin content editor;
if possible, a user with low on-wiki activity but significant off-wiki organising experience.
Projects
at least one user with a significant activity (primary or secondary) on a sister project (Wikisource/Wiktionary etc.),
at least one user active on a small-ish Wikipedia
at least one user primarily active on a large international Wikipedia (such as English, French or Spanish),
at least one user with a significant activity (primary or secondary) on a multilingual project Commons/Wikidata/Wikispecies/Meta (the latter for real belonging to the Meta community, not editing grant pages and similar),
if possible, a user with major contributions to MediaWiki, Phabricator or code.
Off-wiki experience. I would like to have a mix of:
at least one former member of WMF board or FDC,
at least one chapter (or large UG with staff) chair or long-term board member,
at least one founder or leader of a UG from an emerging community,
at least one affiliate member who was not on a board,
at least one affiliate staff member,
at least one contributor not actively involved in any affiliate,
if possible, people involved in external partnerships, be it on content (GLAM, education) or advocacy (Creative Commons, OSM etc.) side
if possible, a person with an experience of regional/international collaborations (hub, regional conference steering team, Wikimania team etc.)
Diversity of profiles:
Gender: ideally 50/50, otherwise not more than 4 out of 6 of either gender
Regions: ideally 50/50 Global North / Global South, or no more than 4 out of 6 of either part. Ideally, six regions represented: NWE, CEE, North America (for Global North), Latin America, Africa, Asia/Pacific (for Global South).

Please feel free to comment, here on the mailing list or privately, if you want to provide feedback.

Best regards,
Mykola (NickK)