[WMCEE-l] Movement Charter Drafting Committee selector for CEE

Kaarel Vaidla kvaidla at wikimedia.org
Thu Oct 7 11:15:44 CEST 2021

Dear CEE colleagues,
I am writing to you in relation to the Movement Charter Drafting Committee
selection process and as a follow-up to previous outreach regarding the
matter. I have not noticed any recent activity regarding this matter,
however we would like to have selectors nominated by Sunday, October 10.
To facilitate the discussion I have created a respective meta page (
https://meta.wikimedia.org/.../Central_and_Eastern_Europe
<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Movement_Charter/Affiliates_by_Region/Central_and_Eastern_Europe?fbclid=IwAR2IqCXfL1IGK3XPJpJR74Gh0G3aQXE01t_qzLf2n90m5C3hgTnBdlcthQo>)
and suggest 2 options for the approach:
∙ Both of them include nominations to become the selector.
∙ Option 1: Organize a virtual meeting over the weekend to run a consent or
consensus process to nominate the selector.
∙ Option 2: Affiliate vote to define the selector.
What are your thoughts?
--

Kaarel Vaidla (he/him)

Movement Strategy <https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Strategy/2030>