[WMCEE-l] Wikimedia CEE Online Meeting 2021

Kiril Simeonovski kiril.simeonovski at gmail.com
Thu Jul 1 16:51:59 CEST 2021

Dear all,

As a result of the extended effect of the COVID-19 pandemic, we are
prevented from meeting in person at a Wikimedia CEE Meeting for a second
consecutive year. However, following the success of the Wikimedia CEE
Online Meeting 2020
<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_CEE_Online_Meeting_2020>, this
year's Wikimedia CEE Meeting will again take place as a virtual conference
known as the Wikimedia CEE Online Meeting 2021
<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_CEE_Online_Meeting_2021>.

The online event will be labelled with the slogan "Meet for a Better
Future!". We have not fixed exact dates for the event yet and decided to
initiate a community poll with three options in the middle of October and
the beginning of November. *You are invited to take part in the poll to
determine the dates for the event
<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_CEE_Online_Meeting_2021/Dates> that
is running from 1 July to 15 July 2021.*

The programme for the event will be mostly filled with session proposals
received through a call for submissions, while there will also be a handful
of sessions that will feature keynote speakers or will be formatted as
plenary discussions on important topics from the Wikimedia movement. *You
can submit your session proposal
<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_CEE_Online_Meeting_2021/Submissions>
from
1 July to 31 August 2021.*

We acknowledge that the best way to stir interest is by communicating in
one's native language, so we appreciate it if you can spread the word about
this online conference to your communities in your language.

In case you have any questions regarding the conference, please do not
hesitate to contact the Organising Committee members
<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_CEE_Online_Meeting_2021/Development#Organising_Committee>
.

Best regards,

Kiril Simeonovski