[WMCEE-l] CEE meeting 2019, update 3

Filip Maljkovic dungodung at gmail.com
Tue Mar 26 22:11:40 CET 2019

Hey everyone,

I'm writing to you here to give you a few small updates about the CEE
meeting 2019, set to happen in October in Belgrade, Serbia.

In my previous update, I mentioned that we have submitted the grant
proposal [1] to the WMF. In the past 2 months, we have received feedback
from WMF and throughout that we have conducted the Community Engagement
Survey, which some of you have filled out. In the past few days, we have
finally received word that our grant request has been accepted, so that
means that the budget is now secured and we can now proceed with
organizing the conference with an ease of mind. :)

Moreover, as you might have seen, we created a call for assembling the
program committee and we have finally created it. The members are:

* Kiril Simeonovski (North Macedonia)
* Marios Magioladitis (Greece)
* Wojciech Pędzich (Poland)
* Gayane Vardanyan (Armenia)
* Philip Kopetzky (Austria)
* Đorđe Stakić, Miroslav Loci & Marko Adam (Serbia)

You should expect to hear from them soon.

This is it for now. I'll see some of you in Berlin in a few days!

[1] https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grants:Conference/WMRS/CEE_Meeting_2019

Cheers,
Filip Maljković
Wikimedia Serbia