[WMCEE-l] What the meeting is good for?

Laura Hale laura at fanhistory.com
Thu Nov 13 09:20:03 CET 2014

On Wed, Nov 12, 2014 at 10:13 PM, Juan de Vojníkov <juandevojnikov at gmail.com
> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I would like to know - instead of my own POV - also other POVs.
>
> What the meeting is good for? Why we need to meet in person?

Because face to face interaction is hugely important in terms of
networking, reaffirming relationships, trust building and developing new
relationships.  It is important in terms of getting people together to
talk, to improve the overall visibility of the CEE Wikimedia community in
the wider Wikimedia community, inside GLAM and Education.  You can't do a
lot of this without those contacts and those random chances of contact, and
private conversations that you might have offline.

CEE should look at say Ibercoop and the success of their movement in terms
of understanding the importance of having strong contacts, of being able to
call on eachother for support, of creating voting blocks for WMF chapter
elected seats (and to another degree with community elected seats) where
you more or less need to get everyone on board to have an ability to
coordinate and get some one elected that will better serve your own chapter
goals.

Sincerely,
Laura Hale

--