[Koalicja-l] Fwd: [Communia-members] Happy Public Domain Day from the US...

Bożena Bednarek-Michalska b.michalska w bu.uni.torun.pl
Pon, 2 Sty 2012, 15:51:53 CET

do wiadomości

----- Przekazana wiadomość od: bsmith w law.duke.edu -----
     Data: Sat, 31 Dec 2011 21:34:54 +0000
       Od: Balfour Smith <bsmith w law.duke.edu>
    Temat: [Communia-members] Happy Public Domain Day from the US...
       Do: "communia-members w lists.communia-project.eu"
<communia-members w lists.communia-project.eu>

On behalf of Professor Jennifer Jenkins:

Dear Communia mailing list members,

The Center for the Study of the Public Domain joins Communia members
in celebrating Public Domain Day, and invites you to visit our annual
website at

http://www.law.duke.edu/cspd/publicdomainday

Once again, in the US, there will be little to celebrate this year -
no published works will be entering the public domain until 2019.
Works including Isaac Asimov’s The End of Eternity, Vladimir Nabokov’s
Lolita, the James Dean movie Rebel Without a Cause, Disney’s Lady and
the Tramp, and the musical composition Blue Suede Shoes were once
scheduled to enter the public domain in the US tomorrow.... Now, we
will be waiting for The End of Eternity until 2051. (The site also
contains pages about how the public domain is shrinking and why it
matters, along with answers to frequently asked questions.)

We hope you enjoy the site, and you are welcome to use any part of it
in connection with your public domain day celebrations.

Best wishes to all for a Happy New Year,

Jennifer

----- Koniec przekazanej wiadomości -----

Bożena Bednarek-Michalska
Biblioteka Uniwersytecka w Toruniu
Zastępca dyrektora ds. Informacji i Innowacji
87-100 Toruń
ul. Gagarina 13
tel.: (48+56) 6114417
komórka: 669601898.